I'm Holly Jo, I was the "Gold Girl" tour guide the last 3 years at Porcupine Creek in Haines, AK. Two years at John & Parker Schnabel's Big Nugget Gold Mine and one year at Dakota Fred's Porcupine Creek Gold Mine. Not sure what I will be doing this year as the Gold tours at Porcupine Creek are not offered any more...and I kinda got fired.

Comments will be viewed by the author, Holly Jo, privately before being posted publicly. If you want it to stay private, please tell me. You do not have to be a member to comment, just use the anonymous option. Thank You for visiting.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Haines Alaska kicked off the 1st tour of the 2012 Season




Hello my friends - This summer I will be posting my HAT blogs about my Gold Rush to Porcupine tours on the website of Rainbow Glacier Adventures. I will add the links to this site when I post them.

Go to the link below to read the story that goes along with these photos of the 1st tour of the 2012 season.


Thank you for visiting!



Me & some Montreal gals pose with Tlingit storyteller Tim Ackerman


Rainbow Glacier Adventures owner Joe Ordonez at Chilkoot River


RGA guide Barb Blood at Sheldon Museum

Picture Point


Lynn Canal at Tanani Bay look out


Rock hopping at Chilkoot River



American Bald Eagles through the scope
(Click to see more photos of the tour)



Joe O. leads a hike on Battery Point Trail







Coming out of the forest


Lynn Canal looking toward Skagway


Battery Point Trail Beach




Tim Ackerman




Tim Ackerman singing traditional Tlingit songs to his drum beat




Chilkat dancer Daniel Klanott leading us to the Long house










The skillful Kim Strong









With the students on Mud Bay at low tide. Pyramid Island in the background


2 comments:

  1. Wow - what an action packed tour, sounds like a great adventure! Some of the students visited my shop while they were in town, very nice young people. Holly don't give up on Eulachon yet. Sonny Williams smokes his (can you imagine cleaning such little tiny fish?) and they are fabulous that way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there last year. It was my first time actually but it's not going to be the last. I love it there. Alaska vacation is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

    ReplyDelete